Our vision is to establish a spirit-filled Evangelism outreach team to minister throughout the area and eventually the world. For every member of City of God Church to be a part of this team. To minister power Evangelism in the streets, prisons, highways, convalescent homes, juvenile facilities and any desolate area where the poor, hurt, and broken hearted are present.
39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call." 40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day. 42 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
Our purpose is to move in the power of the Holy Ghost on the streets, and to demonstrate the Kingdom of God by signs and wonders. The early church was effective because it understood Evangelism as a testimony, that Christ was the Messiah, with powerful demonstration of the Kingdom of God that confirmed his message. This gives new Christians confidence about their conversion and a solid foundation for the rest of their lives.
6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.”
7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- That the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Jesus. (Colossians 1:12-14)
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation. (John 3:3-7)
- That the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provided healing of the human body, in answer to fervent believing prayer. (I Peter 2:23)
- That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the church during this present age. (Matthew 28:19; Luke 22:14-20)
- That the baptism with the Holy Spirit is given to all believers who ask. (Luke 11:13; Acts 2:4)
- The Old and New Testaments are the inspired and infallible authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16)
- That there is one God eternally existent in three persons. Father (John 5:17), Son (John 1:1-3; 14-17), and Holy Spirit (John 15:26)
- That Jesus Christ is true God and true man. Virgin birth (Luke 1:26-37), bodily resurrection (Luke 24:36-43), ascension to the Father (Mark 16:19), and His future return (John 14:1-3).